Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pronunciation Exercises- Reflection

こんばんは!

This post is a reflection on my listening and prnuncation exercises from Cycle 1. I was fairly successful at doing my planned exercises and listening to Japanese songs every once in a while, and it was also helpful speaking to my parents in Japanese over the phone. I feel like I am gradually becoming better at speaking, and now that I am paying more attention to not substituting English words into my Japanese sentences, I think I am on track to being more fluent.

I think I did well on the oral midterm exam, since my pronunciation should be almost as good as that of a native speaker, since I have grown up hearing a lot of Japanese. However, I think I still need to work on being more grammatically accurate in conversation, especially focusing on the correct use of particles.


As for my goals for Cycle 2 of our listening and pronunciation exercises, I plan on improving my listening and ability to pick up sentences from Japanese songs and dramas. In doing so, I hope to improve my accuracy in using the correct particles and Japanese idioms. [edit] More specifically, I will listen to at least one Japanese song every week, by following さとうせんせい's blog, http://wakuwakunihongo2011.blogspot.com/
Our professor posts very interesting Japanese videos and songs, so I will follow along and shadow/sing along with what I can. In addition, I will call my parents more often and have conversations with them in Japanese, taking care not to use any English words!


がんばります!

No comments:

Post a Comment